How to prevent blowing fuses and relays in safety analyzers
How to prevent blowing fuses and relays in safety analyzers?
This will hold true for any safety analyzer.
- Plug the UUT into the test receptacle.
- Select equipment current, earth leakage or enclosure leakage.
- Select forward or reverse polarity.
- Close hot and neutral.
- Turn on the UUT.
- Perform testing.
- Never reverse polarity while the UUT is turned on.
- When testing is done; turn off the UUT.
- Open hot; neutral can remain closed.
By doing this there will be no arcing across the ESA relay contacts.
- Arcing is what pits the contacts. Eventually the pitting will cause the contacts to stick together.
- This will put a direct short across input power to the ESA.